Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fire Fire Fire!


At 12:30am my hubby pulls the covers off of me and wakes me up saying: "Wake-up! We have to get out of the building. It's on Fire!!"  I pull on my clothes, a jacket and my glasses.  As I'm exiting the front door a Fireman tells me to hurry and leave.  The smell of smoke is really thick.  Outside our apartment are a lot of firemen, trucks, lights and emergency vehicles.  People and dogs are scooted up to another building out of the way.  We're all wondering what's going on. We wait outside while the firemen go in.  We can see them through the windows going through our apartment.  Finally they come out with a large white box.  It's someone's dryer and it's in flames and tons of nasty grey smoke is billowing everywhere.  They put out the fire.  Then they bring in giant fans to get rid of the smoke.  We wait and wait for them to give the OK to go back in.  We are finally given the OK to go back in and it still smells like smoke.  I fall into bed and cover my head with the covers to block the smell.  It's now almost 2 am.  A lesson learned:  grab your keys, wallets, purse and ID!